“You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb. I praise you, because I am wonderfully made.” ~ Psalm 139:13-14
“The Gospel of Life is at the heart of Jesus’ message. Lovingly received day after day by the Church it is to be preached with dauntless fidelity as “good news” to the people of every age and culture.” – Pope St. John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae, March 25, 1995.
St. Patrick Respect Life Ministry developed this page of pro-life resources in an effort to foster a culture of life in our parish, our community, and our world through education, support and prayer. Should you wish to speak with someone at the parish for additional information, please contact Jen Keller at email@example.com or 610-444-4364.
Are you pregnant and need help? The following organizations are just a few that can help:
- Chester County Connect Care – Provides free medical services in a caring and confidential setting by medical professionals who specialize in prenatal care and sexual health. Offices are located in Kennett Square (484-444-4852), West Chester (610-444-4851), and Coatesville (610-383-0930).
- Birthright – FREE 24 HOUR HELPLINE at 1-800-550-4900; Non-profit charitable organization that provides love and support to women facing unplanned pregnancies. Birthright is available to women for as long as they need us. We offer free resources and referrals. Local offices are located in West Chester (610-436-0773), Coatesville (610-384-3020), Pottstown (610-327-2626), and Wilmington, DE (302-656-7080).
- YoungMoms – Provides comprehensive and individualized services to pregnant and parenting young women ages 21 and younger who live in Southern Chester County, PA. Office is located in Kennett Square (855-855-964-6667).
- Beautiful Beginnings through Catholic Social Services – Provides programs and support for moms-to-be, fathers, new parents and single parents. For assistance and office locations contact 267-331-2490.
- Lily’s Gift – Offers unique insight and sensitivity regarding difficult issues (if a prenatal diagnose is poor) such as maintaining hope; sorting through medical decision making; grieving the loss of the anticipated baby; and stillbirth and neonatal critical care. For more information and other resources visit https://benotafraid.net/.
- Gianna of Philadelphia – Committed to PRO-LIFE health care. Use a restorative approach to reproductive health with natural alternatives to hormonal contraceptives; modern, effective natural family planning. A safe place for virtue-based health care reform for teens. Pro-life alternatives to invitro fertilization. Support for abortion-vulnerable women. (215-857-9599)
- A comprehensive list of Crisis Pregnancy Services can be found here.
- Peace Be With You – Pregnancy Care Related Resources provided by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office for Life & Family.
- Rachel’s Vineyard – Rachel’s Vineyard (877-467-3463) is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing.
- Project Rachel – It’s normal to grieve a pregnancy loss, including the loss of a child by abortion. It can form a hole in one’s heart, a hole so deep that sometimes it seems nothing can fill the emptiness. You are not alone. For more information contact 215-587-2472 or 844-772-2435.
- Catholic Social Services Adoption Services – Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia continues the work of Jesus by affirming, assisting and advocating for individuals, families, and communities. Adoption services have been provided to meet the needs of children and families for almost 100 years.
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office for Life & Family
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Pro-Life Activities
- Chester County Pro-Life Organization
- Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia
- National Catholic Bioethics Center
- Pro-Life Prayers & Devotions
- IVF & Reproductive Technology
- Assisted Suicide & Euthanasia
- Vaccines & Biomedical Research
- Human Trafficking
- Catholics in Political Life