Parish Religious Education Program (PREP)
Overview of Program
The parish community of St. Patrick is especially attentive to Jesus’ command to go out and teach all nations. The PREP provides faith formation and instruction for children who attend public school as well as sacramental preparation for all children of the parish. Our religious education program is not mean to be the sole provider of your child’s faith formation. Instead, PREP has been established to aid you in meeting you responsibility as your child’s primary educator of the Catholic faith. We are here to support and supplement the religious formation you are already giving your child at home.
Our volunteer catechists strive to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a model for the children. We focus on the six fundamental tasks of catechesis which include: promoting knowledge of the faith, liturgical education, moral formation, teaching to pray, education for community life and missionary initiation. In conjunction with the Archdiocesan Guidelines we will assist you in teaching the basic truths and traditions of the Catholic Church.
Our PREP is possible due to our faithful catechists. Anyone interested in becoming a catechist needs to be a person of deep faith and a desire to share their faith. Training is available for anyone who is interested.
Registration for the 2022-23 Religious Education Program IS NOW OPEN.
How to Register
You can either register and pay online, or download the registration form and mail payment to the Parish Office:
- Option 1: Click here to download the registration form (mail with payment to Parish Office).
- Option 2: Click here to register and pay online.
How to Volunteer
The success of the parish’s Religious Education Program depends on the efforts and support of volunteers. There are a number of ways that you can help. If you are interested in learning more and/or becoming a volunteer, please click here to download the Volunteer Interest Form.
- Option 1: Return completed form to Maria Miller, Director of Religious Education, to the Parish Office at 205 Lafayette Street, Kennett Square, PA 19348.
- Option 2: Return completed form to Maria Miller via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To view and download the 2022-23 PREP calendar, please click here.
St. Patrick PREP Family Commitment Form
As members of the Body of Christ and sharing in the growth of your children’s love for God it is time once again commit anew to living and sharing faith with our wider community. Your family holds a significant place here at the parish and your participation in Sunday Mass and in other aspects of parish life helps to build a deeper sense of parish community. To help continue in this spirit, we have previewed the events and activities for the year to come and ask that our PREP families to continue in their involvement in the life of our parish. This year we ask the PREP families to commit once again, to the three areas of parish life – spiritual, family and adult faith formation. We ask each PREP family to select from the variety of choices we have provided with the hopes that they and their children would find their efforts fruitful, enjoyable and spiritually rewarding. You will receive an e-mail reminder before each gathering. Please remember that regular attendance at Sunday mass is imperative for all families. Attendance at Mass and religious education go hand in hand.
- For more details and to view/complete the “PREP Family Commitment Form” for the 2022-23 year, please click here.
- The PREP Handbook for 2022-23 is currently under development. Please check back in the coming weeks.
- To review and download the PREP Handbook for 2021-22, please click here.
- For more information, please contact St. Patrick Parish’s Director of Religious Education, Maria Miller, at 610-444-2214.