Parish Religious Education Program (PREP)
Overview of Program
The parish community of St. Patrick is especially attentive to Jesus’ command to go out and teach all nations. The PREP provides faith formation and instruction for children who attend public school as well as sacramental preparation for all children of the parish. Our religious education program is not mean to be the sole provider of your child’s faith formation. Instead, PREP has been established to aid you in meeting you responsibility as your child’s primary educator of the Catholic faith. We are here to support and supplement the religious formation you are already giving your child at home.
Our volunteer catechists strive to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a model for the children. We focus on the six fundamental tasks of catechesis which include: promoting knowledge of the faith, liturgical education, moral formation, teaching to pray, education for community life and missionary initiation. In conjunction with the Archdiocesan Guidelines we will assist you in teaching the basic truths and traditions of the Catholic Church.
Our PREP is possible due to our faithful catechists. Anyone interested in becoming a catechist needs to be a person of deep faith and a desire to share their faith. Training is available for anyone who is interested.
2020-21 St. Patrick Religious Education Program
In light of this extraordinary time of COVID19, St. Patrick Parish is prepared and ready to welcome all youth grades K through 7 and their families into a new year. In conjunction with recommendations from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, St. Patrick Parish will offer families the option of participating in one of the following forms of learning. Please click on each form of learning for more specific details:
- In-Person Classroom Learning, which will be offered once a week in our school building on Sundays from 10:15 AM – 11:30 AM.
- At Home Family Learning
- Pastor Letter regarding 2020-21 PREP Year
How to Register
You can either register and pay online, or download the registration form and mail payment to the Parish Office:
- Option 1:Click here to download the registration form (mail with payment to Parish Office).
- Option 2: Click here to register and pay online.
How to Volunteer
The success of the parish’s Religious Education Program depends on the efforts and support of volunteers. There are a number of ways that you can help. If you are interested in learning more and/or becoming a volunteer, please click here to download the Volunteer Interest Form.
- Option 1: Return completed form to Marianne Kane, Director of Religious Education, to the Parish Office at 205 Lafayette Street, Kennett Square, PA 19348.
- Option 2: Return completed form to Marianne Kane via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Here to view the full calendar for PREP 2020 – 2021.
- Learn more about PREP at St. Patrick Parish by exploring our PREP Handbook 2019 – 2020. Our PREP Handbook for 2020-21 is currently being updated and will be posted end of August.
- For more information, please contact St. Patrick Parish’s Director of Religious Education, Marianne Kane, at 610-444-2214.