Signs of a Vocation to the Priesthood:
- Sense of a spiritual call by God to serve His people as a priest. This spiritual call is experienced by a recurring thought; a growing attraction to the priesthood; a growing sense that one would find fulfillment by serving God as a priest.
- Love of God that manifests itself in a desire to give one’s life in service to God’s people.
- Love of the Church and her Traditions, and a desire to celebrate the sacraments for God’s people.
- Love of God’s word and a desire to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to God’s people.
- Desire to serve the people of God as a servant-leader, after the example of Jesus, “who came not to be served but to serve.”
- A heart that can listen to others and a desire to be the compassionate, healing presence of Jesus to God’s people.
- Desire to deepen one’s relationship with God through daily prayer. Liturgical, communal and private prayer sustain the priest to grow in his love and dedication to Jesus Christ.
- Generosity with one’s time, talents and gifts. Priests are called to give generously of themselves for the good of the Church. Priests are called to be a “person for others.”
To Heed the Call please contact:
Fr. Stephen DeLacy
Phone: (610) 667-5778
Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary, Overbrook
100 East Wynnewood Road
Wynnewood, PA 19096