SAINT PATRICK CHURCH IS OPEN
Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus as we make our way back to the in-person celebration of the Mass.
Since March 2020 there has been a steady stream of directives from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia for the celebration of the Sacred Liturgy as adapted according to the required mitigating standards for COVID-19 mandated by the state and local governments. Throughout this past year, St. Patrick Church has adhered to these directives with the cooperation of our parishioners to give proper worship to Almighty God and to safeguard the health of one another. A word of thanks to all our parishioners for your cooperation throughout this most challenging year.
We at Saint Patrick Parish have missed seeing our parishioners and look forward to welcoming more of you back each weekend!
On May 13, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issued new rules on the use of face coverings/masks and Churches throughout the country have responded. On May 19, 2021, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia published new guidelines which are now in effect for our parish. For a full listing of those guidelines, please click here. Additional documents can be found below.
In short: effective 5/13/2021:
- Masks are now an option in Church and on Church property.
- Those not fully vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear a mask/ face covering.
- ALL are asked to be mindful and respectful of one another in this regard.
AND, effective 5/31/2021:
- The Commonwealth of PA will lift all building distancing and capacity restrictions. On that date, we will re-open ALL pews.
Please keep in mind that the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation is suspended until further notice. This means that no one is obligated to come to Mass. Those who are sick, elderly, or with other pre-existing conditions are encouraged to stay home. We will continue to live stream the 9:00 AM Mass each Sunday until further notice. Please be assured that you remain in our prayers and, as such, we ask for your prayers for our Parish community.
Below you will find helpful documents on the Celebration of Mass and Parish Activities at St. Patrick Parish in accordance with the lifting of COVID19 restrictions in the Commonwealth of PA as per the Archdiocese of Philadelphia:
- Updated COVID19 Guidelines for those attending Mass at St. Patrick Church (updated 5/21/2021)
- Liturgical Directives as COVID19 Restrictions Lift (dated 5/19/2021)- Per Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Updated Masking Guidelines (dated 5/21/21) per Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Updated Recommendations for Non-Liturgical Parish Ministries with Adults (dated 5/20/2021)- Per Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- CDC Interim Guidance for Communities of Faith
- An Act of Spiritual Communion
- Rosary Campaign for an End to the Coronavirus – Join us online, by phone or in spirit as we pray the Rosary asking the miraculous intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary to put an end to the coronavirus and to bring restoration to those most severely impacted by the pandemic. Monday through Thursday at 8 PM provided by the Philadelphia Archdiocese Office for New Evangelization.
- A Prayer for Protection in Time of Pandemic – provided by the Knights of Columbus
- COVID-19: A Prayer of Solidarity – provided by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Spiritual Resources during the Coronavirus Restrictions
- CDC Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- CDC Guidelines for Those at Higher Risk for Severe Illness
- Mask Guidance for Children per PA Dept. of Health
- Universal Masking FAQ – PA Dept. of Health
- How to Talk to Children about COVID-19