Adult Faith Formation – Lent 2021
Each year, St. Patrick’s Church runs several different Adult Faith Formation opportunities. Using the best of materials, both written and video, the Word of God is broken open in such a way so as to move the mind and the heart to more fully grasp and love God’s Word. Through the group experience, one can witness God’s presence, form friendships, and grow closer to God and others in a Bible Study.
Despite the continuation of the COVID pandemic, St. Patrick Parish will provide a variety of faith formation offerings beginning September 2020. Further details may be found below. In addition, please click here for parish guidelines regarding in-person and virtual meeting opportunities.
Tuesday Nights via Zoom: 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
A Ten-Week Journey with Christ
Beginning Tuesday, February 9, 2021
My fellow parishioners and friends, Hi! My name is Rose Hearn and I invite you to join me on a journey with Christ this Lenten Season. As we enter into the New year, I bet we can all say we are hoping for something different in 2021. But what kind of different?
When I think about my journey, I can’t help but be grateful to God for His love and mercy since it was not that long ago that I was aching for something different in my life…in my faith. Check out that story here.
Thinking about it, the word change comes to mind. I wanted a change…change in my thoughts, my heart, a change in my faith. What I didn’t think possible, God did and I am trusting, “With God all things are possible!” (Matt 19:26)
This year let’s be open to one word, METANOIA! I invite you on a Journey with Christ into Conversion. Let’s be the change we want to see in the world by being led by the One who can make all things possible!
Join me Tuesday evenings from 7:30pm-9pm on ZOOM starting February 9th for 10 weeks. Let’s allow Jesus to make this Lenten Season a time for real change!
Want to catch a glimpse of what’s in store? Click here to view the video trailer now!
Click here to sign-up for the journey with me or you can reach me at Rosehearn@comcast.net or 610-357-7315 with any questions!
Which group of people can claim to be the true benefactors of the human race? Explorers? Scientists? Revolutionaries? Rebels against established authority? . . . or the saints?
True Reformers explores in depth the leaders who led the Church’s rebirth from the ashes of Renaissance decadence and the turbulence and confusion caused by the Protestant Reformation. The saints of the Catholic Reformation show us just how powerful—and beautiful—is the human heart’s free response to God’s generous grace. To view the trailer, click here.
Join facilitator and fellow parishioner Ann Marie Gillinger for this 6-week video and group discussion series that will explore the lives of Saints Ignatius of Loyola, Thomas More, Francis de Sales, Philip Neri, Charles Borromeo, and Teresa of Avila. This series will be held on Tuesday nights beginning February 9th from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM and will be offered as a hybrid of in-person and via Zoom. All are welcome! Click here to register now or contact Ann Marie Gillinger via email at email@example.com.
Why join a Faith Formation Program?
Some thoughts from those who have participated in an adult faith formation offering at St. Patrick Parish:
- “Studying the Bible has opened my eyes, my intellect, and my heart to Christ and His Church as never before. All the pieces have finally fallen into place.”
- “To learn more is to love more.”
- “Studying Scripture has enhanced my understanding of our rich Faith heritage. It’s as though Mass was one-dimensional and in black and white before attending class. Now I see in color and want so much to share this wonderful Good News!”
- “I started attending Bible Study to learn more about the Bible and my faith. What I found was an extraordinary experience of discovery that has brought me into a personal relationship with Christ enhancing my faith in ways I never imagined.”
- “Taking part in Bible Study has been a passionately life changing experience–quite literally thrown open the doors to reveal the truth, beauty, and mystery contained within the dynamic heart and soul of our Catholic Faith.”
- “I’ve gained a humbling awe for our Catholic faith and learned how to better live it through the various studies and the influence of other people attending the programs. I have a greater love for God and have gained a beloved faith community.”
- “Bible study has given me greater insight into the Biblical stories that were written describing Jesus’ teaching and his preaching of our Catholic faith.”
- “I found the group to be so alive with the Holy Spirit that it was contagious.”
- “Enriching as the course material is, even more inspiring are the weekly discussions and hearing how others live their faith.”
- “The opportunity to study, discuss, and even question with fellow Catholics is a perfect way to begin a life long habit of reading the Bible.”
Contact the Parish Office for more information.