Adult Faith Formation
Each year, St. Patrick’s Church runs several different Adult Faith Formation opportunities. Using the best of materials, both written and video, the Word of God is broken open in such a way so as to move the mind and the heart to more fully grasp and love God’s Word. Through the group experience, one can witness God’s presence, form friendships, and grow closer to God and others in a Bible Study.
Adult Faith Formation Programs – Fall 2021
Begins Thursday, September 9, 2021
Deadly Sins and Lively Virtues with Seminarian Randy Kraft
When: Thursday Nights beginning 9/9/2021
Time: 7:00 PM – 8:15 PM
Where: Parish Religious Education Center (In-Person)
2020/2021 Calendar years have brought out the best and worst in many of us, exposing vices and virtues. Join us for a study of the 7 Capital Sins and their corresponding virtues beginning Thursday, September 9. Randy will lead this in-person 8-week course to include video viewing and small group discussion making use of Bishop Robert Barron and other helpful Resources. For more details about this study and to view the video trailer, click here. To register for this study, please click here or you may leave your name at the Parish Office (610-444-4364). On behalf of Randy, please contact Jen Keller with any questions at email@example.com.
Dates & Discussion Topics
- September 9 – A Deeper Look at Sin & Virtue
- September 16 – Pride & Humility
- September 23 – Envy & Admiration
- October 7 – Anger & Forgiveness
- October 21 – Sloth & Zeal
- October 28 – Avarice & Generosity
- November 11 – Gluttony & Asceticism
- November 18 – Lust & Chastity
Begins September 14, 2021
Oremus: A Guide To Catholic Prayer
When: Tuesday Nights beginning 9/14/2021
Time: 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: Parish Religious Education Center or Zoom
Cost: Optional workbook fee of $19.95
Do you find it easy to pray? For many of us, the answer is no. Oremus: A Guide to Catholic Prayer will teach you the essentials of an effective and fruitful prayer life. Join facilitator and fellow parishioner Ann Marie Gillinger for this 8-week video and group discussion series that will help you discover how to place yourself in the presence of God. Following the wisdom of the saints and the Tradition of the Church, you will learn how to express yourself to God in prayer and how to make prayer an integral part of your daily life. To view the video trailer, click here.
This discussion series will be held on Tuesday nights beginning Tuesday, September 14 from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM and will be offered as a hybrid of in-person and via Zoom. For more details and to register, please click here or contact Ann Marie Gillinger via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAVE THE DATES –
Sunday, October 24 & 31, 2021
Following the 12:00 PM Mass
Pope Francis declared 2020-21 a year dedicated to St. Joseph. As the year draws to a close, join us to learn about this mysterious figure in Salvation History: St. Joseph. What do we know about him? What are we derive from him in our own times?
St. Francis de Sales had some fascinating ideas about this shadowy figure who played such a significant role in salvation history.
Why is St. Joseph the Patron of the Universal Catholic Church? And what does that mean for us today?
Come and explore this “Mystery Man!” Come and Appreciate what St. Joseph means for our world and for each of us!
This presentation will be held in the Church directly following the 12:00 PM Mass. There is no registration required. All are most welcome!
Why join a Faith Formation Program?
Some thoughts from those who have participated in an adult faith formation offering at St. Patrick Parish:
- “Studying the Bible has opened my eyes, my intellect, and my heart to Christ and His Church as never before. All the pieces have finally fallen into place.”
- “To learn more is to love more.”
- “Studying Scripture has enhanced my understanding of our rich Faith heritage. It’s as though Mass was one-dimensional and in black and white before attending class. Now I see in color and want so much to share this wonderful Good News!”
- “I started attending Bible Study to learn more about the Bible and my faith. What I found was an extraordinary experience of discovery that has brought me into a personal relationship with Christ enhancing my faith in ways I never imagined.”
- “Taking part in Bible Study has been a passionately life changing experience–quite literally thrown open the doors to reveal the truth, beauty, and mystery contained within the dynamic heart and soul of our Catholic Faith.”
- “I’ve gained a humbling awe for our Catholic faith and learned how to better live it through the various studies and the influence of other people attending the programs. I have a greater love for God and have gained a beloved faith community.”
- “Bible study has given me greater insight into the Biblical stories that were written describing Jesus’ teaching and his preaching of our Catholic faith.”
- “I found the group to be so alive with the Holy Spirit that it was contagious.”
- “Enriching as the course material is, even more inspiring are the weekly discussions and hearing how others live their faith.”
- “The opportunity to study, discuss, and even question with fellow Catholics is a perfect way to begin a life long habit of reading the Bible.”
Contact the Parish Office for more information.